Free orientation about creating value through patents and more - first nationwide action week for small and medium enterprises in many German towns, from 11 to 15 September 2017
Press release of 25 August 2017
Munich. In the week from 11 to 15 September 2017, the first nationwide action week for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) on "Creating value through the protection of ideas and Innovation" will take place in eleven towns. The event will be jointly organised by the German patent information centres and the German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) as cooperation partners.
During the action week, SMEs can receive free, objective and confidential advice on how to create value and avoid risk when dealing with intellectual property from the experts of the participating patent information centres.
In focus: How can enterprises profit from intellectual property?
In the roughly two-hour consultation sessions on intellectual property (IP) a first analysis is made of the IP situation of a specific enterprise. It also covers, in particular, industrial property rights (patents, utility models, trade marks and designs), but also aspects of what is referred to as "soft IP", which includes, for example, trade secrets and copyright. On this basis, the companies get a first assessment of their economic chances and risks in the field of intellectual property with very specific recommendations for action - ranging from individual suggestions for the optimum use of IP in the enterprise to approaches to securing strategic competitive advantages.
The action week with the orientation consultations, which are free of charge for SMEs, will take place within the framework of the EU VIP4SME project ("Value Intellectual Property for SMEs") with the participation of more than 30 partners from industry, research and administration in Europe and beyond. The goal of the project is to enable enterprises to better identify and strategically use the economic potential of their intellectual property. Detailed information is available on the Internet portal of VIP4SME at www.innovaccess.eu.
Appointments must be booked in advance by calling or e-mailing one of the centres at the respective venue. The contact details of the venues are listed below.
Participating patent information centres:
- AACHEN // Patent- und Normenzentrum, Universitätsbibliothek RWTH Aachen, Phone +49 241 8094480, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHEMNITZ // PatentInformationsZentrum, TU Chemnitz Universitätsbibliothek, Phone +49 371 53113160, E-mail email@example.com
- DORTMUND // Informationszentrum Technik und Patente, Universitätsbibliothek Dortmund, Phone +49 231 7554014, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- DRESDEN // Patentinformationszentrum, Technische Universität Dresden, Phone +49 351 46332791, E-mail email@example.com
- ILMENAU // PATON - Landespatentzentrum Thüringen, TU Ilmenau, Phone +49 3677 694508, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- KAISERSLAUTERN // Patent- und Informationszentrum der Technischen Universität, Phone +49 631 205 3202, E-mail email@example.com
- KASSEL // PIZ Kassel, GINo Gesellschaft für Innovation Nordhessen mbH, Phone +49 561 8043481, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- KIEL // Patent- und Markenzentrum, WTSH - Wirtschaftsförderung und Technologietransfer Schleswig-Holstein GmbH, Phone +49 431 66666831, E-mail email@example.com
- LEIPZIG // Patentinformationszentrum, Agentur für Innovationsförderung und Technologietransfer GmbH Leipzig, Phone +49 341 26826645, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROSTOCK // Patent- und Normenzentrum, Universitätsbibliothek Rostock, Phone +49 381 4988671, E-mail email@example.com
- SCHWERIN // Patentinformationszentrum, Technologie-Beratungs-Institut GmbH, Phone +49 385 3993193, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All information about the nation-wide action week in Germany "Creating value through the protection of ideas and Innovation" is available (in German) .
For any further questions please contact:
Roger A. Hildebrandt
Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt (DPMA)
Technisches Informationszentrum Berlin
Gitschiner Straße 97, 10969 Berlin, Germany
Phone +49 30 25992-424, Fax +49 30 25992-300
The patent information centres are regional points of contact in the field of IP and provide comprehensive information on industrial property protection throughout Germany. The patent information centres are recognised cooperation partners of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office. They raise the awareness of the importance of intellectual property and IP information among enterprises and research institutions in their regions and are at the same time perceived as important stakeholders in the innovation landscape of industry, science and research. Comprehensive information about patent information centres is available in German at www.piznet.de.
The German Patent and Trade Mark Office
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy. Its more than 2,500 staff based at three locations - Munich, Jena and Berlin - are service providers for inventors and companies. They implement the innovation strategies of the Federal administration and develop national, European and international IP systems further.
Last updated: 21 September 2023